New to Reefing

brandondavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Brandon. I currently live in Puebla, Mexico. Originally from Wichita, Kansas. I will be building a 66 gallon reef tank from ground zero. I have very little experience and am excited to learn more. Any advice you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Also, Anyone also living in Mexico who knows where I can get livestock from (Fishes and Corals alike), please let me know! Or any website that ships to Mexico!

Thank you all in advance!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! You may consider reading the following R2R article to help you get started:

Good luck on your new adventure!

OP
OP
brandondavis

brandondavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLA! ME LLAMO RYAN! ME GUSTA REEF TANKS. (my wife is a spanish teacher...indulge me)

How far are you from Mexico City?
Puebla is a 1.5 to 2 hour drive from México city! Y que chido, yo también soy profesor de español! Or at least I used to be when I lived in Kansas!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Brandon. I currently live in Puebla, Mexico. Originally from Wichita, Kansas. I will be building a 66 gallon reef tank from ground zero. I have very little experience and am excited to learn more. Any advice you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Also, Anyone also living in Mexico who knows where I can get livestock from (Fishes and Corals alike), please let me know! Or any website that ships to Mexico!

Hi Brandon, and welcome!

My advice to you would be to decide what kind of fish you want to keep and then tailor your build around those fish.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brandon - Welcome to R2R!

32954EEA-FD0F-45B5-A0F7-154869350791.gif

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I used to live in Puerto Vallarta (though this was around 12 years ago) and at the time there were only a couple small shops that had saltwater fish (no corals really), and they were all pretty abysmal. I did know a few reefers there that just took stuff from the bay. Hopefully the options are better now (are there any online vendors?).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back