New to Salt water

wolfthefallen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always loved having fish tanks, though they have always been fresh water. Currently I have three fresh water tanks. One 15 gallon with lots of live plants, guppies and Bloody Mary shrimp. Then two 2.6 gallon shrimp tanks as breeders for Bloody Mary shrimp.

So I've always wanted to get into saltwater, and have finally taken the dive. I just could not pass up the deal from my LFS. So here I am 6 months later with a 40 Gallon Auatop Recife Eco tank. Though I have tossed the skimmer that came with this all-in-one unit and put on an AuaMaxx HOB 1.5 protein Skimmer, replaced the lights with a Hydra TwentySixHD LED, and built a chaeto reactor out of twofishys HOB 550 phosphate reactor. In addition to all that I went crazy and slapped on an apex system, and I love it!

So far the journey into saltwater has been a fun journey and a great learning experience as they are a lot more involved then the small fresh water tanks I have always done in the past. I look forward to see where it goes next. As I have to keep telling myself not to buy a bigger tank lol.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :D

E72CA303-AD2F-438A-8F90-EAC936420CFD.gif

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%
Back