New to Salt water

Welcome to reef2reef.
excited.gif
 
I have always loved having fish tanks, though they have always been fresh water. Currently I have three fresh water tanks. One 15 gallon with lots of live plants, guppies and Bloody Mary shrimp. Then two 2.6 gallon shrimp tanks as breeders for Bloody Mary shrimp.

So I've always wanted to get into saltwater, and have finally taken the dive. I just could not pass up the deal from my LFS. So here I am 6 months later with a 40 Gallon Auatop Recife Eco tank. Though I have tossed the skimmer that came with this all-in-one unit and put on an AuaMaxx HOB 1.5 protein Skimmer, replaced the lights with a Hydra TwentySixHD LED, and built a chaeto reactor out of twofishys HOB 550 phosphate reactor. In addition to all that I went crazy and slapped on an apex system, and I love it!

So far the journey into saltwater has been a fun journey and a great learning experience as they are a lot more involved then the small fresh water tanks I have always done in the past. I look forward to see where it goes next. As I have to keep telling myself not to buy a bigger tank lol.
Welcome aboard :) If you're a fan of Bloody mary shrimp, I suggest you get an invert with a similar name: https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/697/?pcatid=697
 
Welcome to R2R. Don't just by a bigger tank, get another one lol.
 
Thank you for all the warm welcomes to the community!




Oscaror That is a beautiful shrimp, but If I got one I would have to get another tank, cause Mr. Hawkeye would scream dinner time if I dropped one in.

Y54ipbTfAQtLVntyFtdVX1cwCNJsw4S0MIWhvtWiNrSpdqOTHGltbivvKj-JHjk_I2L53Jpm5IuzTDPDZsAP4UZhtPVAIdKFJO4ybxxH9mTn8KylsEd8zOvg1kSwXkpHtp9FcqkfIy0mWRsPpLSRixjvBOL81K_k2lvhzvrpsZBqdkxYYzFtJxD4U9kM_6Mb2BnV11IhThWSJLJgxnoptbiAJqRIRsmEdziJKo1pfD8ZQt-I5mNDPrkCpjhtF798_psbb5-RdXIjnkbke_rfk4AH8Y7OB5OFadngX_z31kp5RO6bvg23yG5TIVOlpkv1bAIjPSYaZeIVQfzj6s8RXJ9CJLmDZMqlrvnd5by_WisitXjWOtQtwpP-c_3cvnDumFq4gA9DdH_caa4YXbqWhWeteRFkiNKb6wg0d38gI2CNn4qxkc_q2X5MlF7ChGV8LCB071hPenr_STSIQhzmApS19g56ostUgRNic9h_mCdYy8eFXOpSBSfXrFiSS_IbgL3D9xmkL6Hm10vKv_5KdrsIG_Tbzpc1ta7SlHznlIiLuESI7yCl-XHqX1YKWH9zRoxmJ5phCSdg_nnMmZBQJECFpSHQqYm1OBsfggebfAMW5UHTfGbf3EV4T3x7NTNwX9a9UHQMJnwTpvekBy9XmG5o=w704-h938-no
Yeah that would be one expensive dinner lol, nice hawkfish though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new