New to saltwater, need help with a protein skimmer

Dr4gon2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm mostly a freshwater guy, but I recently picked up this 80 gallon acrylic cube AIO tank with a protein skimmer, and I'm thinking about building up a reef tank in it. Only problem with this, is that I still have a lot to learn about this part of the hobby. So, the first question that I have is how TF does this thing work, and how do I set it up in this sump section? Any other advice and help with setting up a reef tank is also appreciated, thanks in advance!

IMG_20200315_132006.jpg IMG_20200315_132014.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really don't have to worry about a protein skimmer right now, new tanks just don't have enough load on them yet for the protein skimmer to operate properly. Some reefers don't even use them as they don't have enough load in the tank.

OP
OP
D

Dr4gon2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really don't have to worry about a protein skimmer right now, new tanks just don't have enough load on them yet for the protein skimmer to operate properly. Some reefers don't even use them as they don't have enough load in the tank.
Ok, that's good to know, but just for my own knowledge, would you know how this particular skimmer would work?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back