NEW TO SALTWATER WORLD/ATO HELP

Coop061601

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! My name is Dianna and I am pretty new to a salt water tank. I have a tank that was previously my sisters (she got a bigger tank); so it is established, but i have had to purchase some equipment so she can have her equipment for the new tank. I recently bought a used apex system and with it came an ato. the ato is a jbj brand and did not come with a pump. i am curious how i am supposed to set this up without a pump? any help anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Coop!

William Norman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coop,

You can buy the pump based on how far the water needs to travel. The power plug get plugged into your JBJ Controller.
Take a look at bulkreefsupply.com they can provide advise on matching the pump to your needs. Another option would be to do a search on the forum here for suggestions and google search for a store. I have been using a cobalt pump from bulkreefsupply (BRS) for a year and it works well. I needed to push the water up 4 feet. Smaller the pump less ability to push water higher.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
C

Coop061601

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coop,

You can buy the pump based on how far the water needs to travel. The power plug get plugged into your JBJ Controller.
Take a look at bulkreefsupply.com they can provide advise on matching the pump to your needs. Another option would be to do a search on the forum here for suggestions and google search for a store. I have been using a cobalt pump from bulkreefsupply (BRS) for a year and it works well. I needed to push the water up 4 feet. Smaller the pump less ability to push water higher.

Hope that helps.
It does help a lot! Thank you! I think we found a pump we are going to try.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Dianna. :)

Congratulations on your dive into SW.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way you don't need a controller to run a successful saltwater tank. That is a preference. Don't get me wrong a controller can be a great asset.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back