OP
OP
travisandsuch

travisandsuch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell. I went over to IM's site and looked at the SR Pro 2 80 AIO (Seems like this is your tank), and it says that the water depth for the skimmer chamber (the chamber between the Socks/Media Basket and the return) should be 10.8" deep (as created with the baffle between that chamber and the return) does this match what you have?

If so, may I ask which skimmer you've purchased? It looks like a Tunze, but I wanna make sure, and which model?
That is our tank, thanks for looking! The water in that chamber is about 10.8” deep. The skimmer is a Tunze Comline DOC 9012 DC. We’d read a few other SR80 builds that used that skimmer and reported good results.

Edit: the Return is currently 9.75” deep

Last edited:

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is our tank, thanks for looking! The water in that chamber is about 10.8” deep. The skimmer is a Tunze Comline DOC 9012 DC. We’d read a few other SR80 builds that used that skimmer and reported good results.

Edit: the Return is currently 9.75” deep
Ok, good, so as long as the skimmer is shoved all the way down so that the bottom is touching the glass at the bottom of the tank, it should work. It's rated for a depth of 10-11" and since that chamber is just 10.8" it's gotta be touching the bottom in order to work properly.

lex8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think we do have too much water. Current pics posted below. The current water levels are from after we installed in the ATO (ATO reservoir is stored in the cabinet below). Prior to running the ATO, which we’ve since turned off, the water level in the rear sections of the tank were about 2-3 inches lower than the display.

I think we def set the ATO sensor too high, but I guess I’m still confused about what the target water levels should be in each portion of the tank. For example, in the rear section, is the ideal water level roughly the top of the baffles? A couple inches below the top of the overflow section?

Thanks to all for bearing with my dumb questions!

Thanks for asking the dumb real questions out here @travisandsuch. Hadn't thought about this at all until I read your post. Reduced the water level and my ammonia levels started to finally come down. I'm also pretty inexperienced and don't know how likely it is that it helped, but it sounds right to me!

Good luck with your tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back