New to saltwater

hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Welcome!
B6EBDFF2-29CC-4827-AE00-047D307B8C97.gif
 
Welcome to the R2R family !!
 
Hello, I live in Washington state and I am brand new to saltwater coral tanks. In the past i have had numerous freshwater tanks, just never the time for a saltwater tank, well now I do. I am building a 45g reef tank, now I dont have all my components and I am on a budget, not skimping on materials just on a budget atm. For now I will have a HOB, with a aquatop xyclone skimmer. Also purchased, on great deal from ebay a 300w led viparspectra time control remote dimmable light for the tank. If I can fit a 15g sump tank in my cabinet I will switch to sump later on, or a 10g if it will work. Well i will post pics once I have it up and running. Over the past weeks I have been researching on YouTube and forums for ideas and try to avoid newbie mistakes. Hope to talk to some of you soon.

Welcome to R2R.

Mistakes are good, as long as they are small and manageable. With the research you have been doing, it sounds like you will be moving in a good direction.

Enjoy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new