New to Saltwater

Welcome to R2R! By far the best place for reefing information on the internet.

Feel free to ask anything you need help with and you will be amazed at the responses you get. Everyone is so willing to help all the time.

You will make lifelong friends and have a blast here with us! Glad you found your way here.

Happy Monday!

happy labor day GIF
 
It's nice to meet everyone. I've been on the forum reading for about 6 months. I finally have my first saltwater tank. I'll be using a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25.

About me
I love to ski, build with LEGOs, video edit, play video games, build furniture, and much more. I was a college grad in 2020, so still getting more and more stuff to fill in my apartment. I'd say 90% of the furniture in my apartment is custom. I currently have a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for red cherry shrimp, a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for a galaxy koi betta, and an established Waterbox Clear Mini 10 with some mollies and cory catfish. The 10 gallon tank is built into my coffee table.

I want to take the dive into saltwater with plenty of corals and macro algae. I'm taking inspiration from tigahboy's macro algae tanks. I hope to blend the look into a lagoon/tide pool style where the rock work is shallower and supports a very mixed group of livestock (such as shrimp, fan worms, etc.).

Here's the build thread I started if you are intrigued.
I also started an Instagram account for my tanks.
Welcome to R2R!!!
 
It's nice to meet everyone. I've been on the forum reading for about 6 months. I finally have my first saltwater tank. I'll be using a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25.

About me
I love to ski, build with LEGOs, video edit, play video games, build furniture, and much more. I was a college grad in 2020, so still getting more and more stuff to fill in my apartment. I'd say 90% of the furniture in my apartment is custom. I currently have a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for red cherry shrimp, a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for a galaxy koi betta, and an established Waterbox Clear Mini 10 with some mollies and cory catfish. The 10 gallon tank is built into my coffee table.

I want to take the dive into saltwater with plenty of corals and macro algae. I'm taking inspiration from tigahboy's macro algae tanks. I hope to blend the look into a lagoon/tide pool style where the rock work is shallower and supports a very mixed group of livestock (such as shrimp, fan worms, etc.).

Here's the build thread I started if you are intrigued.
I also started an Instagram account for my tanks.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
It's nice to meet everyone. I've been on the forum reading for about 6 months. I finally have my first saltwater tank. I'll be using a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25.

About me
I love to ski, build with LEGOs, video edit, play video games, build furniture, and much more. I was a college grad in 2020, so still getting more and more stuff to fill in my apartment. I'd say 90% of the furniture in my apartment is custom. I currently have a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for red cherry shrimp, a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for a galaxy koi betta, and an established Waterbox Clear Mini 10 with some mollies and cory catfish. The 10 gallon tank is built into my coffee table.

I want to take the dive into saltwater with plenty of corals and macro algae. I'm taking inspiration from tigahboy's macro algae tanks. I hope to blend the look into a lagoon/tide pool style where the rock work is shallower and supports a very mixed group of livestock (such as shrimp, fan worms, etc.).

Here's the build thread I started if you are intrigued.
I also started an Instagram account for my tanks.
Welcome to R2R!!!
 
It's nice to meet everyone. I've been on the forum reading for about 6 months. I finally have my first saltwater tank. I'll be using a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25.

About me
I love to ski, build with LEGOs, video edit, play video games, build furniture, and much more. I was a college grad in 2020, so still getting more and more stuff to fill in my apartment. I'd say 90% of the furniture in my apartment is custom. I currently have a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for red cherry shrimp, a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for a galaxy koi betta, and an established Waterbox Clear Mini 10 with some mollies and cory catfish. The 10 gallon tank is built into my coffee table.

I want to take the dive into saltwater with plenty of corals and macro algae. I'm taking inspiration from tigahboy's macro algae tanks. I hope to blend the look into a lagoon/tide pool style where the rock work is shallower and supports a very mixed group of livestock (such as shrimp, fan worms, etc.).

Here's the build thread I started if you are intrigued.
I also started an Instagram account for my tanks.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new