0   0   0
8D6A2D91-021F-47C5-992C-2F299EA9C483.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone! I have dreamed of having a reef tank for years. I have had freshwater tanks of all sorts in the past. Years ago, a friend and myself bred discus and angelfish, so I have somewhat of an understanding of water quality and temperature.
I have finally decided to get my first salt tank. My original plan was to take a 30 gallon freshwater tank, gut it, and convert it to salt. However, after some discussion with a friend who works at an aquarium store, I decided to get a Fluval Sea Flex 32.5 AIO.
I have not started setting things up yet. My plan is to start slow. I live at least 30 minutes from the nearest ‘pet’ store, and an hour from the ‘fish’ store I would plan on getting most supplies from. My first step is getting a four stage RODI system installed.
Im happy to have found this great resource!!

Welcome! Glad you joined. With your Discus experience, I know you'll do great (they would have liked your RO/DI water too)! You are going to fit right in here.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.1%
Back