New to saltwater

MFSharlock

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone! I have dreamed of having a reef tank for years. I have had freshwater tanks of all sorts in the past. Years ago, a friend and myself bred discus and angelfish, so I have somewhat of an understanding of water quality and temperature.
I have finally decided to get my first salt tank. My original plan was to take a 30 gallon freshwater tank, gut it, and convert it to salt. However, after some discussion with a friend who works at an aquarium store, I decided to get a Fluval Sea Flex 32.5 AIO.
I have not started setting things up yet. My plan is to start slow. I live at least 30 minutes from the nearest ‘pet’ store, and an hour from the ‘fish’ store I would plan on getting most supplies from. My first step is getting a four stage RODI system installed.
Im happy to have found this great resource!!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hello, welcome to R2R and the salty side of fish keeping hobby!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

We are looking forward to your build.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

It definitely sounds like your are starting out on a great path! Make sure to ask lots of questions as you go and we will all help out.

Do you have any plans for specific fish or coral?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new