New to sumps

vvjosh06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys im going to set up a saltwater aquarium prolly 60 or 75 gallon. Im wanting to do a sump and I know I got to drill my aquarium. Im ok with this. My question is if I buy a pre built sump whats the best one? Also what other equipment do I need to set up a sump? And if I were to make my own sump what percent of my display should the sump be? I super new to sumps and ive seen BRS bideo on drilling for overflows. Seems pretty self explanatory. Also how should I run the sump? I.e. wet/dry, berliner, and cant remember the other lol. And if there is a huge article full of information about all this that would be grwat cuz I have yet to find one place with a lot of info.

OP
OP
V

vvjosh06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also im looking at the current led reef fixture. Is this good for any coral? What would you guys recommend thats a little easy on the electric bills? Also whats a good ro/di unit thats screws onto say an outside faucet? Im currently active duty and rent my home so I cant tap into existing water lines.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure 90gpd or brs 5 stage RODI. You can buy a garden hose adapter from both sites. You will probably need a protein skimmer and definitely an auto top off (ato) and a pump for return water, reactor for carbon and gfo or you can put it in a bag in the sump under high flow. There are many many sumps out there. But try http:// melevsreef.com

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back