New to sumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter vvjosh06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vvjosh06

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2014
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys im going to set up a saltwater aquarium prolly 60 or 75 gallon. Im wanting to do a sump and I know I got to drill my aquarium. Im ok with this. My question is if I buy a pre built sump whats the best one? Also what other equipment do I need to set up a sump? And if I were to make my own sump what percent of my display should the sump be? I super new to sumps and ive seen BRS bideo on drilling for overflows. Seems pretty self explanatory. Also how should I run the sump? I.e. wet/dry, berliner, and cant remember the other lol. And if there is a huge article full of information about all this that would be grwat cuz I have yet to find one place with a lot of info.
 
Also im looking at the current led reef fixture. Is this good for any coral? What would you guys recommend thats a little easy on the electric bills? Also whats a good ro/di unit thats screws onto say an outside faucet? Im currently active duty and rent my home so I cant tap into existing water lines.
 
Spectrapure 90gpd or brs 5 stage RODI. You can buy a garden hose adapter from both sites. You will probably need a protein skimmer and definitely an auto top off (ato) and a pump for return water, reactor for carbon and gfo or you can put it in a bag in the sump under high flow. There are many many sumps out there. But try http:// melevsreef.com
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new