New to the area and somewhat to saltwater.

Coach63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
I just moved a couple of months ago from Denver. We were renting so I had a small system set up. I had a IM 16 but broke it down about a year ago and got out of the hobby. Looking online now it seems there was a lot of problems with these tanks cracking so the product line has been discontinued (I actually have two 16 nuvo tanks). I am looking for another nano type system and probably will need it to be an AIO system as I will be putting this right by my bed on a nightstand (heavyduty nightstand though). I am looking at the same brand but upgrading to their new 40 gallon. Any thoughts? Has the construction improved on their tanks. I was happy (for the most part) with the 16 gallon nuvo but can't afford it cracking in my bedroom. If not IM products, what do you recommend. I am looking for something that is more cubed instead of a rectangle and quite.

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Coach

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to East TN and Reef2Reef!!!!

I don't have any personal experience with the IM tanks; If you want it check out a comparable AIO style tank take a look at the JBJ rimless series and the new Red Sea Reefer series tanks...

Tenaculum

Padawan Learner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Tennessee! I have always had good success with jbj nano cubes. Currently have 2 12 gals. Biocube also makes one similar.

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Knoxville and R2R!

I had a 20 gallon JBJ rimless I used for a frag tank and loved it. Only got rid of it because I'm in the process of a major upgrade. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask any questions here.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.1%
Back