new to the clubb!

dandoozled

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm Dan, currently living in Nashville so I decided to join the club haha!
I've been reefing for the last year now with my 13.5g nano and it's been really exciting!
I have a few questions although! I just purchased the membership... will it cover the next year?..
and what are all of the perks having a membership? the main description was a bit confusing I just knew it was something I want to be apart of!
I'm also curious about the meets and how would I know when any are coming up!
Thanks guys! And maybe wrong time to reveal haha but I'm looking around for local reefers who are selling frags like zoas, acans, toadstool leathers, gorgonians, frogspawn anything cool!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Dan to R2R and MTRC. I'll let one if the MTRC officers answer the length of membership. I believe it's just through a calendar year... meaning all our memberships expire at the same time of year.

Membership gives you access to stuff that can be loaned out from the club, such as a PAR meter, etc.... it also gets you a discount everyday at the local participating LFS (which is all of them in the Nashville/ Clarksville area). The club is very active with white a few people. We have a yearly frag show. We meet monthly... either at one of the LFS after hours (where even better discounts are given), or we gather to take a trip together to a place... this year we went to Georgia Aquarium, Sustained Aquatics, Glass Cages, etc... we also have drawings for money or supplies at each meeting as well.

There is a monthly newsletter that is sent out which typically had the schedule of events listed. Also, reminders are usually sent out via the Facebook page and usually a post is made on the R2R's forum section for the MTRC...you need to really scroll down through all the R2R forums to find the local reef club forums, but it's there.

I'm John, by the way... I'm in clarksville. @ConnieHanson is the current president... maybe she can make sure you are on the email list fir the newsletter.

OP
OP
dandoozled

dandoozled

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Dan to R2R and MTRC. I'll let one if the MTRC officers answer the length of membership. I believe it's just through a calendar year... meaning all our memberships expire at the same time of year.

Membership gives you access to stuff that can be loaned out from the club, such as a PAR meter, etc.... it also gets you a discount everyday at the local participating LFS (which is all of them in the Nashville/ Clarksville area). The club is very active with white a few people. We have a yearly frag show. We meet monthly... either at one of the LFS after hours (where even better discounts are given), or we gather to take a trip together to a place... this year we went to Georgia Aquarium, Sustained Aquatics, Glass Cages, etc... we also have drawings for money or supplies at each meeting as well.

There is a monthly newsletter that is sent out which typically had the schedule of events listed. Also, reminders are usually sent out via the Facebook page and usually a post is made on the R2R's forum section for the MTRC...you need to really scroll down through all the R2R forums to find the local reef club forums, but it's there.

I'm John, by the way... I'm in clarksville. @ConnieHanson is the current president... maybe she can make sure you are on the email list fir the newsletter.
Awesome thank you, and dang that means I'll have to renew for 2020 then in a month or do I get to slide for signing up so late lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome52.jpg

tblaketefft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how can one join the club? ive got a 120gal tank im just getting started... i live in waverly tn...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back