OP
OP
ed130372

ed130372

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feet... on the ground? And you want to get a reef tank? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure those two ideas are really compatible... ;-)

90-120g is a good range to start with - not so small that minor mistakes are dire, but not so large that you jump into significant effort. Especially if you can start out with one of the pre-built options (Red Sea, OceanBox, etc.). Even just custom assembling can be totally doable with lots of options in that size range.

Just in case you've not already seen it, this post is a great place to start!

This really gave me some great ideas! Sure appreciate the help. Can’t help but feel like I’m going in circles and this article has helped me streamline my purchase plans. Thanks for the link[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t help but feel like I’m going in circles and this article has helped me streamline my purchase plans.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Odds are good that we've all had the same question at some point and there's unlikely to be anything that the members here can't answer. :)

In regards to purchases; do your best to get what you'll need, but remember at the same time that you don't really know what you need yet. You won't know until you're into it for a lot of things. But that's okay; a big part of this obsession... er... hobby is making sure that you're prepared for when (not if - when) something goes wrong. A big part of that is having spare gear around. So if the first thing you buy doesn't work out, it becomes back-up gear. Or goes to help get a better QT system in place. Or, sometimes, you can sell it to recoup some of the cost. Point being; while possible for sure, it's hard to actually waste money so long as you don't go too far afield.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back