New to the forum

Welcome to R2R! Jeez fireworms sound like they're no joke.

Hello,
Thank you! Yes not a joke at all. They are cardio and neuro toxic. It was the index finger on the right hand. The needles feel like a patch of sand paper where they sting you. Almost immediately it starts to burn and feels like your finger is on fire, then the fire sensation traveled up my arm. Right after that I felt my heart racing, it was scary. There was no anti-toxin found/offered so they managed my high blood pressure with medications. The toxin damaged the part of my brain that controls blood pressure, so now on those meds for good. I always caution any friends never to touch the tank and share that story. Not upset or anything, just more cautious lol.
 
Well, nice to meet you. When you get around to it love to see a pix

1581894765116.gif

Thank you! I will very soon!
 
Welcome to R2R! Sorry about your little buddy :(
You might want to thin down that herd of fireworms. It's amazing how much damage they can do to a fish. And you, as you well know. :eek:

Hello,
Awe, ty. Yea I miss the little guy. Thats the plan, looking for a nylon sock lol
 
old fish net ,5 gallon bucket paint screen 2 pack couple bucks cut them into pcs rubber band or zip tie closed
 
Welcome to R2R! That is awful what happened to you. I’ve always heard their sting hurts, but what you went through is crazy. I’m sorry! You definitely should get as many of those things out and set them on fire (a bit extreme, I know hahaha). Looking forward to seeing your tank minus the worms.
 
Welcome to R2R! That is awful what happened to you. I’ve always heard their sting hurts, but what you went through is crazy. I’m sorry! You definitely should get as many of those things out and set them on fire (a bit extreme, I know hahaha). Looking forward to seeing your tank minus the worms.

Hello!
Thanks, yes that was a crazy and unforgettable experience. I tried a home-made trap with a nylon stocking (nicely baited) for 2 nights, 1st night caught 10, 2nd night only 4. I will be posting a thread with my findings and pics of the fireworms. I need help! lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new