New to the hobby, looking to get started

Glasswalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Newbie to the hobby here, my friend has been running a reef tank for some time, and he's helping us get started with our first setup.

He recommended this community as a welcoming and helpful one, so I'm popping in to introduce myself!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, and be levering the resources of this community as I get started.

I'm from Canada, married, mid thirties. My wife is the one who actually suggested we get our first tank (though I think she might have been thinking something tiny like a 20g lol). So we're embarking on this journey together lol. (I've always wanted a tank, and I've helped my friend with his when he started, and more recently in his new build of his much larger setup).

Very excited to be diving into the hobby!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Read your build and you have definitely got a plan. Evap can be a real pain. Summers are hard, but where you are you can bet that you will have major evap because the heat on all them time will rid the house of humidity. I lived in MN for 25yrs. :) My hubby calls me Canadian, but not even close. You bettcha.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back