New to the Hobby

Hello Reef2Reef Community!
My name is Chris, and I’m brand new to the hobby. I’m in the process of purchasing a Red Sea Max Nano G2 XL and plan on upgrading the light and pump as my very first improvements. Over the past 8 months, I’ve been diving deep into research—reading, watching videos, and learning everything I can about saltwater tanks. Now I’m finally ready to take the plunge and start buying equipment.
I’m located in the Chicagoland area. At first, I considered going with the new Max Nano G2 XXL, but since I don’t quite have the space for it yet, I’ve decided to stick with the smaller tank for now.
I’m open to any and all advice or suggestions if anyone thinks I should explore a different route than the Max Nano G2 XL.
Thanks again, and happy reefing everyone!
Welcome to the forums!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef! The greatest community out of water!
 
Hello Reef2Reef Community!
My name is Chris, and I’m brand new to the hobby. I’m in the process of purchasing a Red Sea Max Nano G2 XL and plan on upgrading the light and pump as my very first improvements. Over the past 8 months, I’ve been diving deep into research—reading, watching videos, and learning everything I can about saltwater tanks. Now I’m finally ready to take the plunge and start buying equipment.
I’m located in the Chicagoland area. At first, I considered going with the new Max Nano G2 XXL, but since I don’t quite have the space for it yet, I’ve decided to stick with the smaller tank for now.
I’m open to any and all advice or suggestions if anyone thinks I should explore a different route than the Max Nano G2 XL.
Thanks again, and happy reefing everyone!
Welcome to the forums!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new