New to the hobby

So I've been enjoying my 75 gallon fresh water planted tank for over 2 years now. But, my work will soon be making me move, and it seems like the perfect excuse to switch over to a reef tank. I've been doing A LOT of reading on this forum and others hoping to learn as much as possible before actually making the switch. I won't be moving for about another year, which is great for me, because I tend to rush into things when I get excited about them. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and learn as much as I can about the hobby.
- Brian

@Doctor Webs Welcome to R2R!!!
 
Welcome to R2R, Brian!

tenor.gif
 
Welcome aboard Brian. You've made a great start already. Taking your time and doing it right the first time is half the battle. Lots of great folks here to help you out along the way.
 
Welcome! If I may make a suggestion, get some rock and start curing it! I wish I had done that a year before starting my tank, would have sped through the ugly stage.
Thanks for the tip. Would the rock stay good/cured during a day or two move across the country?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new