Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were glad you joined. Don’t be afraid to post some pics.

926C36CA-D1D3-4DA8-976F-A51AB371931C.gif

OP
OP
ikanspelwel

ikanspelwel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took a while to get some photos up, but I needed to take some new ones as the ones I had were not adequate!

Here is my 110g display installed in the corner above the fireplace:

MySetup - 3.jpg MySetup - 6.jpg
MySetup - 5.jpg

Here is the back of the tank, I drilled and installed a Bean Overflow box from Glass-holes.com that I got years ago.
I also drilled and installed a closed circuit recirculating system in the hopes to prevent the need for power heads. I am not yet sure if there is enough flow for my future corals or not. I may have to supplement a power head here or there.

MySetup - 7.jpg

Here is my salt mixing station:

MySetup - 10.jpg

And finally my custom sump I made from a 120g used tank:
MySetup - 12.jpg MySetup - 16.jpg MySetup - 17.jpg MySetup - 22.jpg MySetup - 24.jpg

Here is my small ball of Chaeto tumbling in my refugium:
MySetup - 23.jpg

MySetup - 20.jpg

OP
OP
ikanspelwel

ikanspelwel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, btw the fireplace wall will eventually be stacked stone all the way to the ceiling. One of many projects that need to be completed!

OP
OP
ikanspelwel

ikanspelwel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, shortly after I posted my tank build we made the decision to sell our current house and upgrade to a larger house...

This means I had to remove my custom built in tank, and tear everything out. Our new home is a new construction so while waiting for it to be built I have had to move my fish into a much smaller temporary home. :( It is plenty big enough for them now, and luckily I had yet to venture into any corals so I only have to worry about keeping the fish alive.

I will start a new build thread for my new tank/sump in my new house once we move, around end of Feb start of March. I can't wait to get the move over so I can start expanding my tank again! Even though I had to rip out my dream setup I did learn a lot by setting up that tank and will keep those lessons in the forefront of my mind when setting up my new tank!

This is what the wall looks like now (with the exception that the switch cover plate is back in place now):

IMG_0713.jpeg

I think it looks really plain without my tank in the middle!

Adam

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am brand new to the hobby, I used to keep planted fresh water aquariums, but always desired a reef setup. I hadn't ventured into the marine/reef hobby because of the how difficult and expensive I heard it was.

Now that I am older, and have a little more money I have finally made the plunge. My build is about 2-2.5 years in the making now. I have been going at it slowly for a few reasons, time, money, and trying to make it easy to maintain.

I have my 110g display and 100g sump up and running and cycled for about 6 months now. I just got two clown fish and they are in quarantine. I am doing all I can to make sure they are healthy before I introduce them into my main system. I want to keep my display system free of Ich, Velvet and other pests!

Adam

You are in for a Great Adventure Adam…WELCOME to the R2R Family…

Explore…Learn…Share

N8az.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back