New to the hobby!

coralkurd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is chevy. I am new to the hobby and got my first tank 3 weeks ago from another person who did not have time anymore. it is a 75g tank with a 29g diy sump. I currently have 2 clownfish, a coralbanded shrimp, cleaner shrimp, sea serpent starfish and a lawnmower blenny! corals I have a hammer coral some leathers, a toadstool and 2 frags of I believe watermelon zoas.

I am learning patience is key and just trying to learn how to mix salt and become a better tester and learn to keep nitrates and pho down. just the basics! currently I am fighting the temptation to buy lights lol. I currently have I think fluval light strips on this tank. it came with the set up.

anyways, nice to meet everyone and even though I have been lurking and reading threads on here for years, it feels great and sometimes overwhelming taking this step. It sure feels good to finally get my hands wet lol.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
352772B7-3A2D-4372-85D4-5AE715B659AE.gif

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Chevy! Sounds like you got a good tank to start with. You're right. Patience is the key. Research every step you take and ask LOTS of questions. Glad to have you with us.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is chevy. I am new to the hobby and got my first tank 3 weeks ago from another person who did not have time anymore. it is a 75g tank with a 29g diy sump. I currently have 2 clownfish, a coralbanded shrimp, cleaner shrimp, sea serpent starfish and a lawnmower blenny! corals I have a hammer coral some leathers, a toadstool and 2 frags of I believe watermelon zoas.

I am learning patience is key and just trying to learn how to mix salt and become a better tester and learn to keep nitrates and pho down. just the basics! currently I am fighting the temptation to buy lights lol. I currently have I think fluval light strips on this tank. it came with the set up.

anyways, nice to meet everyone and even though I have been lurking and reading threads on here for years, it feels great and sometimes overwhelming taking this step. It sure feels good to finally get my hands wet lol.
Welcome! Sounds like you have a great tank!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been in this hobby for a long time and Joining Reef2Reef is one of the best things I've ever done! Glad you are with us.
Welcome to Reef2Reef.

Now the bad news. I can't afford to become a partner member because I spend all my money on coral and stuff for the tank. If my wife found out I paid for a membership she would end my life in some brutal fashion too horrible to write on a family site. As you noted, my hands are always wet and I have no time to do anything else besides eat, work, and fiddle with my tank. If you think about it, you will realize what I am full of!
:) Again, welcome aboard. I hope the hobby "destroys" your life (of defines it?) like it has mine. GL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back