New to the hobby.

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just a new member to the hobby and forum. Looking forward to learning and growing my tank!

I started about a month and a half ago with an evo 13.5. I added a few mods and am using chemipure blue as a filtration. I used a fish less cycling method.

I currently have a purple fire goby, a frostbite clownfish, an emerald crab, 2 hermit crabs and three trochus snails.

I am open to suggestions and criticisms.
Look forward to meeting you all. Thanks
Paul.

Screenshot_20200531-113341.jpg

jstncoffman

Nothing happens overnight in this hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just a new member to the hobby and forum. Looking forward to learning and growing my tank!

I started about a month and a half ago with an evo 13.5. I added a few mods and am using chemipure blue as a filtration. I used a fish less cycling method.

I currently have a purple fire goby, a frostbite clownfish, an emerald crab, 2 hermit crabs and three trochus snails.

I am open to suggestions and criticisms.
Look forward to meeting you all. Thanks
Paul.

Screenshot_20200531-113341.jpg
Welcome to the hobby and the forum, looking good already , what tyoe of corals are you thinking about for your nano?

OP
OP
Paul31733

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby and the forum, looking good already , what tyoe of corals are you thinking about for your nano?
I am not really sure. I would love some recommendations as I don't want to mess up my tank. I have heard I should stick to lps to start? I only have stock lighting for now.

jstncoffman

Nothing happens overnight in this hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not really sure. I would love some recommendations as I don't want to mess up my tank. I have heard I should stick to lps to start? I only have stock lighting for now.
Get a good cycle done first and foremost, invest in some good test kits, you plan on mixed Reef choose your lighting properly, good flow, all of the following will depend on what you can keep, i have a mixed reef with sps,lps,softies, etc my biocube I heavily modified with a sump and bigger water volume, i use a ecotech radion XR15 Gen4 Pro, its par rating is in the 400s in the middle but adjusted to keep my corals happy, research is important, BRS TV and Tidal gardens on you tube have some great videos on all the topics of a new reefer, check it out and happy reefing

Back