New to the Hobby

Dovetails

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
41
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve been reading posts and learning from others on this site for a few months. Figured I would say Hi. I’m kinda nervous posting but here goes… I enjoy all the advice and direction I get from here and have a few questions myself. However, I’m still learning the site. Looking forward to good banter and making new friends. Thanks for reading and any replies.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi, I’ve been reading posts and learning from others on this site for a few months. Figured I would say Hi. I’m kinda nervous posting but here goes… I enjoy all the advice and direction I get from here and have a few questions myself. However, I’m still learning the site. Looking forward to good banter and making new friends. Thanks for reading and any replies.
Hello there
 
Hi, I’ve been reading posts and learning from others on this site for a few months. Figured I would say Hi. I’m kinda nervous posting but here goes… I enjoy all the advice and direction I get from here and have a few questions myself. However, I’m still learning the site. Looking forward to good banter and making new friends. Thanks for reading and any replies.

Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm Lisa. Here is a big "HOWDY" from your DFW neighbor!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you but I just heard there is also a San Antonio FaceBook group that is sort of active (sorry, don't know its name yet):
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new