New to the site!

E'sNina

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
25
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I've been reading on this site for quite a long time-great information! I am reborn to saltwater tanks. Did this about 30 years ago-my how things have changed! I have a simple 55 gallon with all the fixings-nothing elaborate! Fish only-no corals. I started early summer with cycling-no fish for months. I had a healthy tank until I bought a Clown Tang and Coral Beauty at a LFS. Then I had velvet invade-it took out 6 of my nine fish. I was able to save 3-lots of TLC and natural anti-parasitic medication. It's been several weeks and everyone is healthy and beautiful again. I just added 5 various clown fish-hopefully all will go well. I just noticed a pineapple sponge and have a handful of other small, white, circular-almost like a Q-tip sponges (?) on the same 2 live rocks. They're flat though-not like the pineapple sponge. Should I be concerned or is it a healthy tank sign? My water has always been very good-no ammonia, nitrites or nitrates. I test about every 4-5 days and bring my water to my LFS for testing as well. Anything I should be doing that I'm not? Thanks!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello! I've been reading on this site for quite a long time-great information! I am reborn to saltwater tanks. Did this about 30 years ago-my how things have changed! I have a simple 55 gallon with all the fixings-nothing elaborate! Fish only-no corals. I started early summer with cycling-no fish for months. I had a healthy tank until I bought a Clown Tang and Coral Beauty at a LFS. Then I had velvet invade-it took out 6 of my nine fish. I was able to save 3-lots of TLC and natural anti-parasitic medication. It's been several weeks and everyone is healthy and beautiful again. I just added 5 various clown fish-hopefully all will go well. I just noticed a pineapple sponge and have a handful of other small, white, circular-almost like a Q-tip sponges (?) on the same 2 live rocks. They're flat though-not like the pineapple sponge. Should I be concerned or is it a healthy tank sign? My water has always been very good-no ammonia, nitrites or nitrates. I test about every 4-5 days and bring my water to my LFS for testing as well. Anything I should be doing that I'm not? Thanks!
awesome. another Mainer!
Nor'easter Reefer
welcome.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new