New To The Synergy Reef Systems Family. New Build !

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I were into fish & reefing back in the 90's, left to persue other hobbies. We started back up a couple of years ago, and we have three small tanks. Back then, we built a 75g in wall reef backing up to a unused 3rd bedroom and converted it to the reef room. When we opted out it became the office, but once again, it'll be the reef room. lol

The tanks in the 90's were all built with internal corner overflows or hang on the back filters. The built in's took up a lot of space and the hang on's were a real pain in the butt.

Today, the ghost overflows are great, especially the Synergy Reef System, it is amazing.
I spoke with them over the phone, received a great price and they shipped out the products that afternoon. I've never received a purchase so quickly.

Some here have had noise issues with higher flow, but others listened to Vanessa and her hubby (sorry, can't think of his name right now) have solved the problem, most were simple adjustments.

I bought their diamond laced drill bit and have marked the hole's on the aquarium. It's getting cold, so I may have to use plummers putty and a bottle of water than outside with a garden hose. We're getting excited in using their overflow !

Last edited:

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support and welcome to the Synergy Reef Family! I'm the hubby :)

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 125g is 6' long, is just one 16" overflow really enough or should I have two ?

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really,...? With it only being 16" long and the tank 72", it just sounds too short.

How far is the top of the weir from the water surface ?
Do you have any pics ?

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really ?
With it being 16" long and the tank 72", it seems too short ?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back