SaltyGinger42

SaltyGinger42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use some of what you have.
The bulkhead will "control" the flow amount.
Cut the big pipe in the overflow area. Cap with a screen. This will be full syphone with a gate valve below.
Looks like you glued the return. I would replace the bulkhead if you did. You can use the pipe if it's not glued. (doesn't need to be glued in the overflow box.. Where's it going to leak to?) lol.
The u" channel for the loc-line can be reused if you run the return over the back into the box.
Emergency line should be an 1" or less below the wier for less noise.

Screenshot_20240322_120110_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240322_120325_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240322_120429_Chrome.jpg
Thank you! This has helped me a lot. Should I just plumb the trickle pipe straight down into the second sock? Or do I need to put a Tee on the full siphon and plumb it all in together somehow? And no I didn't glue any of the pipes in the overflow box. I thought that same thing

OP
OP
SaltyGinger42

SaltyGinger42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use some of what you have.
The bulkhead will "control" the flow amount.
Cut the big pipe in the overflow area. Cap with a screen. This will be full syphone with a gate valve below.
Looks like you glued the return. I would replace the bulkhead if you did. You can use the pipe if it's not glued. (doesn't need to be glued in the overflow box.. Where's it going to leak to?) lol.
The u" channel for the loc-line can be reused if you run the return over the back into the box.
Emergency line should be an 1" or less below the wier for less noise.

Screenshot_20240322_120110_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240322_120325_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240322_120429_Chrome.jpg
Thank you! This has helped me a lot. Should I just plumb the trickle pipe straight down into the second sock? Or do I need to put a Tee on the full siphon and plumb it all in together somehow? And no I didn't glue any of the pipes in the overflow box. I thought that same thing.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! This has helped me a lot. Should I just plumb the trickle pipe straight down into the second sock? Or do I need to put a Tee on the full siphon and plumb it all in together somehow? And no I didn't glue any of the pipes in the overflow box. I thought that same thing.
keep them separate. you can plumb it to the sock but nothing should really be coming out of it unless an emergency. At that point more noise better water hitting water in the sump and gurgling pipe.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back