New to this forum

IMG_5341.jpeg
 
I’ve had freshwater fish but never saltwater. I’ve always wanted to do saltwater but got scared away by the complexity and being repeatedly told its a fulltime job lol.
Welcome to R2R! I had the same view as you until I finally jumped in.

Don't stress too much on the complexity. Yes, it can be but you can ease into that. Get you a decent sized tank within your budget, some good testing equipment, decent lights/filtration setup, some rock (and substrate if you want) and rock and roll. Unlike freshwater, saltwater tanks get more stable with time.

Once you're set up, testing your water regularly, and on a routine with water changes you'll find yourself having success.

A great place to start for the foundation knowledge is BulkReefSupply's 52 weeks of reefing video on youtube.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new