New Tomini tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bcook1016
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bcook1016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
229
Reaction score
53
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a new tomini tang and I’m wondering if he will get less shy and be out more he’s under the rocks and he doesn’t want to come out and even eat I got him yesterday
20251123_224642_6E9B9982-4696-4728-BD66-EA1241E55ED3.png
 
Hate to say but no. They are rock dweller and really only come out for feeding or if you stand back from the tank. Only the main reason people recommend them in smaller tank setups when people arm looking for a single tang as they are not active swimmers.
 
I just got one a couple weeks ago and he’s out and about all day grazing on the rocks. Only goes in the rock to sleep. I’m sure he will grow out of it when he gets comfortable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new