New torch coral acclimating?

bwallen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8051.jpeg
IMG_8048.jpeg

I got my first torch! The bluest photo was from when I brought it home from the lfs. I have had it about a week. I don’t seems to see the skin receding but the tentacles are reaching. Is this just due to it acclimating to my light and flow? Or is it a sign of a bigger problem? Thanks!
IMG_7991.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could be any number of things. The only possible way of knowing whats bothering it is by process of elimination.

Please list all your water parameters, tank age, type of lighting, and type of flow. It seems like a lot, I know, but its really the only way making an educated guess of whats wrong with the coral (unless you know someone that speaks coral)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8051.jpeg
IMG_8048.jpeg

I got my first torch! The bluest photo was from when I brought it home from the lfs. I have had it about a week. I don’t seems to see the skin receding but the tentacles are reaching. Is this just due to it acclimating to my light and flow? Or is it a sign of a bigger problem? Thanks!
IMG_7991.jpeg
If I understand your question, you're worried because the tentacles are extended? That's what they are supposed to do.

OP
OP
B

bwallen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could be any number of things. The only possible way of knowing whats bothering it is by process of elimination.

Please list all your water parameters, tank age, type of lighting, and type of flow. It seems like a lot, I know, but its really the only way making an educated guess of whats wrong with the coral (unless you know someone that speaks coral)
Age of tank: 6 months
Lighting: ai prime 16 hd running salty pops. Schedule and intensity(see attached)

Salanity: 1.025
Ph: 8.1
Temp: 78 F
C 425
A 9dkh

Flow I have a return pump that is constant

Location at the bottom of the tank
IMG_8053.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back