New torch sick?

jkelly6357

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2022
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
sarasota
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I’ve been following R2R for awhile but this first time posting, I recently got a new Torch frag, about 4 days ago, it hasn’t seemed to want to fully open yet, but this morning I noticed a black spot on the base of the torch, is this necrosis or something growing on it? Dipped with seachem and acclimated for one hour before introducing to tank, I also have a few zoas, frogspawn, hammer and gonis and they’re all doing great, I’m just not sure what that black thing is on the base, could that be why it hasn’t fully opened yet? I messed with different lighting and flow but no luck yet. Thank you!

water parameters:
Alk- 9.6
Cal- 460
Mag- 1440
Salinity- 1.026
Temp 79 degrees

487237F2-AF30-4B12-BF10-BEB00F59ED7C.jpeg
 
Looks like a sponge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new