New Tunze 6040 - red led continually on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Tunze 6040 pump for just under a week and this morning I hit the feed button and the pulse 2-10 led (number 6 in the manual) went red but the pump continued to run ignoring the feed mode. I have powered it off and on and now it stays red regardless and the feed button is not doing anything. Any suggestions?

Many thanks for any help.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anything connected to the DIN port on the top of the controller? Do you feel any slight click when you push the foodtimer button?

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked again after leaving it all day and it has now gone to green and is working. Do you think there could be a loose connection on this one pump? I have another one that is fine. There is nothing connected to the DIN port.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red means it is in pulse mode, Green means it is in wavemode, the foodtimer does not change the light color and would only cause the pump to stop and the blue knob lights would turn off.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very weird as it did not matter how many times I pressed the feed mode button the pump would not stop. I will keep a close eye on this and see if it happens again.

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly, very much appreciated

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep in mind that it is an on and off, so if you push it twice, the pump comes back on. Usually if it doesn;t work, the button under the touch panel is hanging up and if you open it, you can check that, sometimes the housing screws are loose and there is too much space.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have put it in feed mode 3 times today all worked fine. I will keep an eye on it and hope it does not return so thank you for your help and responding so quickly. By the way, I have these 6040's in a long shallow nano along with the Tunze 9004 DC. I am loving the 9004 DC, very quiet and it started skimming straight away. As it is a newly setup nano, its not pulling out much dark muck but it is certainly pulling out some waste and keeping the surface of the water crystal clear. Every nano should have one of these skimmers!

Just ordered a Tunze Long magnet cleaner as well so it looks like I have an "all Tunze Nano"!!!! I will be doing a build thread soon on this and will be sure to mention the Tunze equipment
IMG_20211107_154028537.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back