New video from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started getting their videos popping up in my feed probably because of all the marine stuff I search. They do amazing videos of the deep sea. This is a compilation video. Honestly we don't have to seek out aliens on other planets. We have plenty here right at home. The fish with the translucent head is just crazy and the jelly fish that looks like it's trailing a bunch of fabric is just as crazy to see! Amazing sights!

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just visited them a week ago.

Awesome place!

Sea Otter GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started getting their videos popping up in my feed probably because of all the marine stuff I search. They do amazing videos of the deep sea. This is a compilation video. Honestly we don't have to seek out aliens on other planets. We have plenty here right at home. The fish with the translucent head is just crazy and the jelly fish that looks like it's trailing a bunch of fabric is just as crazy to see! Amazing sights!

That was incredible. Crazy how many species there are that we really know nothing about. Yet, we think we have our reef tanks and corals figured out pretty well. :)

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was incredible. Crazy how many species there are that we really know nothing about. Yet, we think we have our reef tanks and corals figured out pretty well. :)
Exactly! Each of us should be proud of what we have accomplished with our tanks but they pale in comparison to what Mother Nature has blessed us with in the biggest tank of all! :)

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool video.thanks for sharing .
The deep blue sea is truly amazing
Mother nature has given us the most beautiful tank of all! :) I'm trying to figure out if the worm is a bristleworm that far down. If so they're literally everywhere. Haha.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are incredible photos! I love the little seahorse! Did you use a camera or your phone?
I used a camera. I can't remember which one I've gone through quite a few different systems in the last 5 years. I think it was a Nikon D70 with a macro lens.

I updated the picture post with more pics and higher resolutions!

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a camera. I can't remember which one I've gone through quite a few different systems in the last 5 years. I think it was a Nikon D70 with a macro lens.

I updated the picture post with more pics and higher resolutions!
Those extra pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing. I definitely have to get back there and I need a macro lens! Haha.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back