New waterbox 230

brunpa

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
Location
staten island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am moving my waterbox 90 to a new waterbox 230. It is a mixed reef tank with about 14 fish inverts SPS LPS and softies. Any suggestions the best way to do this? I bought new chandler tock and want to bring my old rock over as well. Also I have used continuum supplement for coral growth and have not been impressed. What does everyone feel is the best supplement for growth and color for predominant LPS tank. ?

image.jpg
 
Congrats on the new WB 230. I setup the same tank in October last year. Went from a not very mature 120 to the 230. The tank is now 7 months old and doing very well.

I used all the rock from the previous tank (about 80#) and purchased another 80# of live rock from Gulf Live Rock. I purchased 80# of dry Caribsea special grade and 80# of live sand also from GLR.

Filled the new tank with the new sand, live sand, and live rock and filled with new water. After a couple of days I transferred everything over (rock and livestock) without issue. Here’s the tank as of today. I have more detail at the beginning of my build thread linked below.

Good luck! It’s a great tank.

IMG_0750.jpeg
 
Thank you. Tank looks great. Mine has been delayed for months hoping to get it soon. I have tons of coral I bought anticipating at the local shop waiting for the tank
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new