New waterbox 30 build need advice!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nomad6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nomad6

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2022
Messages
182
Reaction score
116
Location
el paso
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently debating setting up my brand new clear mini 30 for a mixed reef. The foot print is 23.4x17.7x17x7” as far as lighting goes I’m thinking of using 2 a160s or an a360x but I’m asking for advice as far as better spread and results. I’m still open to other light ideas. TIA
 
You have a lot of options, ranging from an EcoTech XR15 G5 to a Hydra32 to 1-2 AI Prime 16HDs. And I'm just scratching the surface when it comes to LEDs. It all really depends on your budget.
I have an a160 on a 6 gal dialed down to 10% intensity because I planned an upgrade to a bigger tank and choose another light for my 6 then. I can’t take full advantage but even at 15% this thing can cook.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new