New waterbox 70.2

Nfd552

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for new build input on equipment. Just ordered a waterbox 70.2, come with a nyos 120 skimmer, sump, piping and stand. Grabbed an mp40wqd for it. My other tank will be broken down and certain equipment, Radion gen4, will be moved over to it. I have a light to replace it on my other tank for the time being till i can transfer livestock and coral and i will be selling my second Radion, x-120 skimmer, and a few other various pieces. The next item I’ll need to get the new rank up and running is a return pump. What return pumps would be optimal for this set up? Brs recommends around 800gph. Since i have the Radion, reeflink, and mp40 now i was looking st the The s-1. It comes in around 1400gph. I’m assuming i can dial it back from that? I understand I’ll lose with head pressure, but since the tank isn’t here I haven’t been able to properly measure to account for it. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with the M1 Vectra. I bought an M1 used for a silly good deal and thought it would be way overkill for my tank. I'm actually running it at 65% and I could go higher. I personally would rather run at around the mid-range of the pump rather than push at the high end.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back