New Waterbox Cube 20

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up my new Waterbox Cube 20 last night, got a killer deal on it and super pumped about it. Looking for ideas to stock for corals and fish. I have another Nano I’ll probably move some mushrooms, hammer and some zoas from.

4E7ED90F-7315-4AF1-B0D4-54D544B6C451.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up my new Waterbox Cube 20 last night, got a killer deal on it and super pumped about it. Looking for ideas to stock for corals and fish. I have another Nano I’ll probably move some mushrooms, hammer and some zoas from.

4E7ED90F-7315-4AF1-B0D4-54D544B6C451.jpeg
Best of luck with the new tank!!! Aquascape looks good by the way.

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9F736B8D-C220-4089-95E9-F9B7452AEBB1.jpeg

Big coral haul yesterday, got everything in, multiple acans, torch, Goni, nem has been in from old tank, zoas came in from old tank, polyps, Xenia, a couple candy canes and some others. Tanks settled good with the mix of live rock and life rock. Will put some more pics up later with everything in there.

Looking to set up a refugium in a chamber in my Waterbox cube 20 and would like some pointers or advice on how others have done it, thanks in advance!

jpmazzone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9F736B8D-C220-4089-95E9-F9B7452AEBB1.jpeg

Big coral haul yesterday, got everything in, multiple acans, torch, Goni, nem has been in from old tank, zoas came in from old tank, polyps, Xenia, a couple candy canes and some others. Tanks settled good with the mix of live rock and life rock. Will put some more pics up later with everything in there.

Looking to set up a refugium in a chamber in my Waterbox cube 20 and would like some pointers or advice on how others have done it, thanks in advance!
I love it. You're just going for it. Can't wait to see how it all plays out!

ronniereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep me posted
Initially I added some chaeto from Algaebarn into the second chamber with nothing else. I don't recommend it, I lost half of my chaeto being sucked into the third chamber. For lighting I had a waterproof plant light that I rested across the sump, which didn't really do much in terms of growth.

I purchased the inTank second chamber media basket and removed the top divider (will be removing the second one once the chaeto grows out). For light I'm using the Tunze Eco Chic 8831 and I am pretty happy with the setup. Depending on the amount of chaeto that makes it into the third chamber I might add a coarse sponge filter at the bottom.

I also purchased the filtration cover which was what I was attaching the light to but my gravity ATO didn't allow it to sit flush. So for now until I get an ATO I have the light laid across the back and its actually not too noticeable.

In the first chamber I have inTank's media basket with live rock in the first chamber and chemi-pure blue in the second.

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially I added some chaeto from Algaebarn into the second chamber with nothing else. I don't recommend it, I lost half of my chaeto being sucked into the third chamber. For lighting I had a waterproof plant light that I rested across the sump, which didn't really do much in terms of growth.

I purchased the inTank second chamber media basket and removed the top divider (will be removing the second one once the chaeto grows out). For light I'm using the Tunze Eco Chic 8831 and I am pretty happy with the setup. Depending on the amount of chaeto that makes it into the third chamber I might add a coarse sponge filter at the bottom.

I also purchased the filtration cover which was what I was attaching the light to but my gravity ATO didn't allow it to sit flush. So for now until I get an ATO I have the light laid across the back and its actually not too noticeable.

In the first chamber I have inTank's media basket with live rock in the first chamber and chemi-pure blue in the second.
Thanks for the info I have an in tank in first chamber might get the middle chamber one at some point keep me posted on how it goes with the chaeto.

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the 20 gal. Things are going great!

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpeg
    IMG_3635.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 50

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 74 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 53 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 48 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back