New ways to contact Dr. reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KatesReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Reef What's the best way to reach you these days? I've tried text over the last few days and now moved on to email and a PM here today. Let me know how I should contact you, thanks

ericad289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Dr. reef, just wondering if you can give me an update on my order that I placed Feb 1; 20QF2070?
I have a tang order that I am wanting to place once I get this order acclimated and settled in to my aquarium. My next order is a yellow eyed kole and a desjardini.
thank you

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Dr. Reef,

I just received my order (#20QF2359) and i think i received the wrong tang. I ordered a yellow eye kole tang for $149.99 (fully quarantined) and received a two spot bristle-tooth tang thats $99.99 fully quarantined. Everything else i received looks great! please reach out so we can get this resolved as soon as possible!

Thanks,

D65A6EE4-8BE7-447D-BC9D-D704CDFD06C7.jpeg

I just got off the phone with Dr.Reefs executive and told me that they think it is a yellow eye kole tang… it is definitely not! Im very upset i ordered expecting the fish i placed an order for…

I made a thread and asked well known and respected reefers who also stated that this is 100% not an yellow eye kole tang…

and finally at the end of the convo the representative states that the “yellow from his eye has fainted because of stress” WHAT!?!?!!

@Dr. Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got off the phone with Dr.Reefs executive and told me that they think it is a yellow eye kole tang… it is definitely not! Im very upset i ordered expecting the fish i placed an order for…

I made a thread and asked well known and respected reefers who also stated that this is 100% not an yellow eye kole tang…

and finally at the end of the convo the representative states that the “yellow from his eye has fainted because of stress” WHAT!?!?!!

@Dr. Reef
I think you’re being a little too emotional about this. If I’m fact he sent you something other than a yellow eye kole tang, then he will make it up to you. However, the more logical and probably explanation is that you cannot readily identify the fish as a yellow eye for two reasons. One: it’s a juvenile that’s hasn’t developed its colors yet. Two: exactly what you were already told and the fish is stressed. Fish DO exhibit different colors and patterns when stressed. Instead of making a scene on this thread, I would advise you wait for communication from Mike. Some passerby may quickly scroll through here and believe your dilemma is actual truth when in reality, Mike has a stellar reputation with the reefing community. 100% of my current fish have all came from him. When presented with an issue, he’s always made it right.

Lastly, my last shipment from him contained a juvenile desjardini. It was so small that I couldn’t see the markings resembling a desjardini tang. Sent Mike pictures and he assured me I couldn’t see the markings because it was a juvenile. Two months later, I have such a majestic looking desjardini tang with incredible markings. It is super happy in my tank. It got right to work in the algae and is definitely a highlight of my tank.

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re being a little too emotional about this. If I’m fact he sent you something other than a yellow eye kole tang, then he will make it up to you. However, the more logical and probably explanation is that you cannot readily identify the fish as a yellow eye for two reasons. One: it’s a juvenile that’s hasn’t developed its colors yet. Two: exactly what you were already told and the fish is stressed. Fish DO exhibit different colors and patterns when stressed. Instead of making a scene on this thread, I would advise you wait for communication from Mike. Some passerby may quickly scroll through here and believe your dilemma is actual truth when in reality, Mike has a stellar reputation with the reefing community. 100% of my current fish have all came from him. When presented with an issue, he’s always made it right.

Lastly, my last shipment from him contained a juvenile desjardini. It was so small that I couldn’t see the markings resembling a desjardini tang. Sent Mike pictures and he assured me I couldn’t see the markings because it was a juvenile. Two months later, I have such a majestic looking desjardini tang with incredible markings. It is super happy in my tank. It got right to work in the algae and is definitely a highlight of my tank.
other people are having the same issue as me and are receiving different tangs then ordered.
F41620AC-0B58-45BC-BA8D-326A037FCDA9.jpeg
E9CEEF1E-2DE2-4615-81BF-555B5DD66E81.jpeg

You mean to tell me this doesn’t look like an orange lined??
BA4577C2-5CC6-4152-B203-1BF51418708A.jpeg

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
other people are having the same issue as me and are receiving different tangs then ordered.

the price difference in these tangs are over 100 dollars… these go for 30-40 dollars as real kole eyes go for 110-150 as of late… thats the main reason im upset

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I think the correct statement would be, "one other person is having the same issue as me and also believes that he possibly received the wrong tang." That would be more accurate. Sounds like he also received his yesterday and hasn't allowed time for fish to acclimate. And as far as the pictures go, neither picture is your so we cannot identify whether you got an incorrect order.

I'm not stating that you didn't receive the wrong order. All I am saying is that you should communicate with Mike first before you go on here and start bashing on the vendor. For all you know, tomorrow, next week, or next month, your fish will start showing yellow around the eye and then you will (hopefully) feel like a fool for bashing Dr. Reef. Another scenario, you send him pictures. He apologizes for sending you the wrong order and makes it right by sending the correct fish. Who knows.

I just think that you're jumping to conclusions and being emotional for no reason. Find you answer first and then when you do in fact have the correct information, come on here and share it with us, regardless if its good or bad.

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I did
I think the correct statement would be, "one other person is having the same issue as me and also believes that he possibly received the wrong tang." That would be more accurate. Sounds like he also received his yesterday and hasn't allowed time for fish to acclimate. And as far as the pictures go, neither picture is your so we cannot identify whether you got an incorrect order.

I'm not stating that you didn't receive the wrong order. All I am saying is that you should communicate with Mike first before you go on here and start bashing on the vendor. For all you know, tomorrow, next week, or next month, your fish will start showing yellow around the eye and then you will (hopefully) feel like a fool for bashing Dr. Reef. Another scenario, you send him pictures. He apologizes for sending you the wrong order and makes it right by sending the correct fish. Who knows.

I just think that you're jumping to conclusions and being emotional for no reason. Find you answer first and then when you do in fact have the correct information, come on here and share it with us, regardless if its good or bad.
I posted my fish on the website yesterday that has over 70 replies justifying my statements that me and another customer did not receive the right fish. I too when I first got him thought his colors were affected by stress until I thought to myself why not just post on here about it and see.

After doing so I found out through very well-respected reefers and members of this forum that they can almost guarantee the fish I got is not a yellow eye kole tang.

I then took him into my LFS down the block from me to let them get a up close look and they too said its indeed not a yellow eye Kole tang. They then told me the exact species of the tang I had received and showed me countless photos of tangs of that species.

Here's the thread:

Im in no way bashing Dr.Reef I've ordered from him before and have received amazing fish from him as well.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I did

I posted my fish on the website yesterday that has over 70 replies justifying my statements that me and another customer did not receive the right fish. I too when I first got him thought his colors were affected by stress until I thought to myself why not just post on here about it and see.

After doing so I found out through very well-respected reefers and members of this forum that they can almost guarantee the fish I got is not a yellow eye kole tang.

I then took him into my LFS down the block from me to let them get a up close look and they too said its indeed not a yellow eye Kole tang. They then told me the exact species of the tang I had received and showed me countless photos of tangs of that species.

Here's the thread:

Im in no way bashing Dr.Reef I've ordered from him before and have received amazing fish from him as well.
I am by no means saying you're wrong, especially after reading the thread you posted yesterday. Just give Mike time to respond to you. Honestly, I would be super interested in seeing pictures a week from now and in a month.
Best of luck to you. I know that regardless of what is going on, you will be made whole.

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am by no means saying you're wrong, especially after reading the thread you posted yesterday. Just give Mike time to respond to you. Honestly, I would be super interested in seeing pictures a week from now and in a month.
Best of luck to you. I know that regardless of what is going on, you will be made whole.
I know I appreciate your inputs and agree I may of came off a little agitated. I know he will he is a very respected and trusted seller.

Ill post some pictures in the thread in a couple of weeks-month

Have a good one

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
orginigal yellow eye koles are banned to haarvest due to Hawaii ban. Ones we sell on our website cleary stated spotted yellow eye kole found in Sri Lanka. We import them directly through our supplier and they may have sent me wrong fish and i am admitting it does not look like even spotted kole tang.

You had emailed us or called not sure saying it a 2 spot bristle tooth and I told you its was definitely not 2 spot as 2 spot eyes are blue and not yellow like this fish. color of fish can be fadded due to stress and may fill up later.

Either way if you are not happy with the fish sent I am willing to give you full credit for it.
Please let me know if that is fair.
Thank you
Mike

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pl
I know I appreciate your inputs and agree I may of came off a little agitated. I know he will he is a very respected and trusted seller.

Ill post some pictures in the thread in a couple of weeks-month

Have a good one
Please PM me your info or post your order# so i cam do the credit for you.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is not the only one who received wrong fish…. Completely understand his frustrations!

Nearlysquid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Dr. Reef, got my payment confirmation today, can't find the day that I had specified shipping for on my order though if you could let me know what day it should be. Wednesday arrival would be most ideal for me this week. Also if you happen to have a QT'd long spine urchin on hand that I could add to the order, let me know! Order number is 20QF1965. Thank you!

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Dr. Reef, got my payment confirmation today, can't find the day that I had specified shipping for on my order though if you could let me know what day it should be. Wednesday arrival would be most ideal for me this week. Also if you happen to have a QT'd long spine urchin on hand that I could add to the order, let me know! Order number is 20QF1965. Thank you!
as requested on the order form we placed it to ship on wed for thursday delivery

Nearlysquid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as requested on the order form we placed it to ship on wed for thursday delivery
Got it, couldn't recall what I had written. That will work out fine, thank you. Should I place a separate order for a longspine urchin another time or is that something that we could add to this one?

Back