New ways to contact Dr. reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's just great.

thanks to all the complaining, the guy had to go out and hire a full time call center and now every order just increased by $15.

To pay pay for this new call center service, it looks like he added to his shipping price and also added a new package/box fee that wasn't there before.

now the service just got more expensive.
I actually found his pricing to be lower than a lot of other online “non QT” vendors. I think he should charge more than “non QT” vendors since he has more investment into the livestock.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's just great.

thanks to all the complaining, the guy had to go out and hire a full time call center and now every order just increased by $15.

To pay pay for this new call center service, it looks like he added to his shipping price and also added a new package/box fee that wasn't there before.

I feel like that's better than not getting your fish in the first place.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he should charge more than “non QT” vendors since he has more investment into the livestock.
I agree. Months and months (maybe a year) ago, I made the same suggestion. I noted that his fish were priced about the same as an LFS. For example, an LFS might have something for $30, but he'd have it for $40. My suggestion was that considering his time, his expenses and the fact that HE's paying for any fish that die, as opposed to us paying for any fish that die in our own QT, he could be charging considerably more. Plus, raising prices is a pretty normal thing to do when you're so buried in orders that you're falling behind. Raise them enough that new orders slow down to the point that you can keep up with demand and still do a good job.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Months and months (maybe a year) ago, I made the same suggestion. I noted that his fish were priced about the same as an LFS. For example, an LFS might have something for $30, but he'd have it for $40. My suggestion was that considering his time, his expenses and the fact that HE's paying for any fish that die, as opposed to us paying for any fish that die in our own QT, he could be charging considerably more. Plus, raising prices is a pretty normal thing to do when you're so buried in orders that you're falling behind. Raise them enough that new orders slow down to the point that you can keep up with demand and still do a good job.

I have thought the same thing. I would have been willing to pay more for less leadtime.

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's just great.

He really has communication issues though. I had a fish missing in shipment when I thought it was coming. I called and couldnt get ahold of anyone. I sent an email and didn't get a real answer for two weeks. Then it was like pulling teeth to ask what happened to it.

I'm glad he's addressing the problem. I hope he informs people when an order can't be fully completed as well and why. I probably would have asked him to hold the order until everything could come at once. And I would be less concerned about a missing animal if I had an upfront heads up and some sort of eta for it.

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a problem contacting with any method of communication. I've emailed, called and used the chat client and was always able to get the assistance I needed in a very short amount of time. I also like dealing with Mike since he has always gone above and beyond what I expected or what he was required to by his own policy standards clearly posted. I know he puts a lot more into his business than he gets out of it and I wish him nothing but success. If prices go up to help him with making customers happy so he can continue to do business, I'll be more than happy to support him.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said above, my experience today compared to the last debacle was night and day. I could care less about the fees and if it provides a better customer experience I’ll pay them.

I don’t know what he had going on but even the fish were healthier today than the last shipment.

I will do everything in my power to never give Marine Collectors a penny so I’m happy he turned it around.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he informs people when an order can't be fully completed as well and why. I probably would have asked him to hold the order until everything could come at once.

Honestly, in this situation i look out for the fish best interest, I have noticed that longer the fish stay in 8x8 section stuck waiting to be shipped it starts to degrade in health. I lose more fish after qt waiting around to be sold than in qt itself,
This is the reason by I ship what i have and can reship what i dont have with next order or later.
If i keep holding orders due to missing fish I will have more losses and which will in turn raise prices and I am trying to keep a pretty well balance between the two.

Hobby is expensive enough as is and every fish that dies or every expense I have to incur, it will reflect on the price of the fish.
I still promise to keep prices to minimum and I always have deals or coupons out to compensate.
NEWSTART will give you 10% off currently.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing is if you order say 5-7 fish, 1 dies and you tell me to hold the order, it will take me few days to get new fish in then 30-40 days to qt it, now remaining 5-6 fish are stuck in 8x8 section cube degrading. some may even die and now i have a never ending loop.

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing is if you order say 5-7 fish, 1 dies and you tell me to hold the order, it will take me few days to get new fish in then 30-40 days to qt it, now remaining 5-6 fish are stuck in 8x8 section cube degrading. some may even die and now i have a never ending loop.
Makes sense! For some feedback, I would suggest adding a short 1-2 line note on the website about the possibility of staggered shipping and why it might happen. Like on the checkout page or somewhere visible to someone on specific pages where they're engaging with adding animals to a cart/buying. And send an email before shipping that lists what animals will and will not be included so a customer isn't left wondering. Perhaps a repeat of the message about the staggered shipping on that email as well to reduce calls/emails about it. Especially if a lot of questions come up about it, which I don't know if they even do.

Do with it what you will of course.

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense! For some feedback, I would suggest adding a short 1-2 line note on the website about the possibility of staggered shipping and why it might happen. Like on the checkout page or somewhere visible to someone on specific pages where they're engaging with adding animals to a cart/buying. And send an email before shipping that lists what animals will and will not be included so a customer isn't left wondering. Perhaps a repeat of the message about the staggered shipping on that email as well to reduce calls/emails about it. Especially if a lot of questions come up about it, which I don't know if they even do.

Do with it what you will of course.
anytime u place a order theres a thing at the bottom notifying you it may be staggered

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is on the checkout page. You have to click and agree to it before it will let you complete the order.
It says, we reserve the right to hold any fish that does not pass our final inspection.
There is a explanation on FAQ page under missing fish as well.

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dr.Reef

Should i be expecting a payment link sent today for order number #20QF2359 ? I got a email a while back saying it’s preparing for shipping! also do you know what day it would possibly be shipped?

Thanks For Your Time,

@Dr. Reef

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dr.Reef

Should i be expecting a payment link sent today for order number #20QF2359 ? I got a email a while back saying it’s preparing for shipping! also do you know what day it would possibly be shipped?

Thanks For Your Time,

@Dr. Reef
Invoice links went out today, please check in spam folder sometimes they end up there. if you still dont see it let me know.

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Invoice links went out today, please check in spam folder sometimes they end up there. if you still dont see it let me know.
Thanks! I just paid it,

do you know the possible shipping day for this upcoming week? itd help alot so i can make sure im available that day in the morning

@Dr. Reef

#20QF2359

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning @Dr. Reef,

I have to say, your communication has been excellent so far with my order. Would you happen to have a shipping day for my order as well? # 20QF2481
its shipping tues for wed delivery

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike,

Can I inquire on timing of #20QF2453? Most interested in the pipefish and mandarin, so if those aren’t ready I’m happy to wait.

Thanks for your service and glad to hear you’re doing better.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back