New ways to contact Dr. reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot.png

No one is wishing ill upon you. There's a certain expectation when you present yourself as a business and you are simply not meeting that standard. Leaving people without reply for literal months on end and this is how they will react. Your health issues were just the last few days, how does this account for the last 6 months? We're not impatient, we're looking for communication.

Good luck in your business.
100% accurate, all I need is some information and we can build from there...I still have yet to hear anything on my order

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot.png

No one is wishing ill upon you. There's a certain expectation when you present yourself as a business and you are simply not meeting that standard. Leaving people without reply for literal months on end and this is how they will react. Your health issues were just the last few days, how does this account for the last 6 months? We're not impatient, we're looking for communication.

Good luck in your business.
100% accurate, all I need is some information and we can build from there...I still have yet to hear any

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no need for that language tbh…its been a rough couple weeks for mike obviously…as he stated if u wanted a fish quick he’s not the right guy for you…. yes maybe his communication can be better but he also works has a family and is dealing with a health issues…i’ve tried posting in here 3-4 times for an update on my order and haven’t gotten a response but harsh language and anger isn’t right… if you want to dispute with ur credit card go ahead and do that no need to go off like that here

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been a rough couple weeks for mike obviously
I agree, the language was over the top. But this problem has been on going for a lot longer than a few weeks. You can find posts, on a different board, going back a whole lot further than that (closer to a year) with the exact same complaints.

As many people, myself included, have mentioned, he really needs to look into hiring on more help or scaling back his operation. It doesn't appear to be sustainable as is. From what I can tell, it seems like he's just far busier than he was prepared to be.

Plus, it doesn't help that often times people find the only way to get a hold of him is via message boards and they're understandably upset at that point. They explain the situation, he gets overly defensive and the whole turns into a big mess.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no need for that language tbh…its been a rough couple weeks for mike obviously…as he stated if u wanted a fish quick he’s not the right guy for you…. yes maybe his communication can be better but he also works has a family and is dealing with a health issues…i’ve tried posting in here 3-4 times for an update on my order and haven’t gotten a response but harsh language and anger isn’t right… if you want to dispute with ur credit card go ahead and do that no need to go off like that here

This.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy is running multiple businesses.... he has a lot of balls in the air at any one time it seems.
If you aren't flexible then he isn't the guy to order fish from.

I had a great experience with him. Order several quarantined fish, didn't have any issues communicating with him and he shipped my fish about 2 weeks after ordering. All the fish showed up healthy and looking great. the only problem is that one fish was the wrong species. Again, I had no issue contacting him about it and he quickly issued a refund.

I'd order from him again, but I'd also be sure to stay on top of communication with him... I wouldn't just assume something is happening unless I talked with him about it.

The guy seems to try to do the right thing but is completely overwhelmed and disorganized. not an excuse, just sayin.

trsmith18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr Reef

Tried calling several times today and sent a couple emails.

just trying to confirm we are still a go on the clownfish and CUC for delivery this Thursday 4/7

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Thank you for your interest.
Due to overwhelming number of emails it takes time for me to reply to everyone.

Best is to call.
Best days/times to call: Mon, Fri, Sat, Sun (10am-8pm) central
Tue, Wed, Thus: i am normally busy packing and cant answer.
918-964-3333

Any questions regarding pre order, or after sales questions, changes, additions, cancelations etc please call the days and timings mentioned above.

For quotes only:
[email protected]
Claims(doa/guarantee) only: [email protected]

For All doas, pics, or guarantee related communication, please use this email address.
Thank you
Mike Dr. Reef

Note: PM's are not monitored
Hi Dr Reef - I would happily contact you as described above, but I don't know what to ask. Can you suggest some topics we could discuss and I will call you during the hours above?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The language and attacks speak far louder than anything else. They damage the poster more than the one being attacked.

I am watching everything Dr Reef more closely than almsot anyone. I am about to order $2k in fish from someone. Mike was the choice for this up until a week ago.

Lack of communication and poor customer service are an absoulute no go in my book. I run a business myself so I understand both sides of this more than most

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick...quick!! you dont think i understand the QT process...its not the time...it is 100% the lack of communication, plus knowing the phone is ringing and you change your voicemail as your customers try and get in touch with you after not having the option to call Tues-Thurs, then, not returning emails or messages...or how about not letting someone know their order is a partial. Or send the WRONG fish. how about you mind yours until you know the whole story...as for mikes side...maybe if he'd have better communication, i could be less likely to go off on a board. DO NOT USE THIS PERSON

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The language and attacks speak far louder than anything else. They damage the poster more than the one being attacked.

I am watching everything Dr Reef more closely than almsot anyone. I am about to order $2k in fish from someone. Mike was the choice for this up until a week ago.

Lack of communication and poor customer service are an absoulute no go in my book. I run a business myself so I understand both sides of this more than most
100%, if i had an idea of what the heck was going, i would be less upset, here i am a week later, 2 dead fish, 2 missing fish and one wrong fish later and im still in the dark...Id cut my losses if i were you and cancel my order

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick...quick!! you dont think i understand the QT process...its not the time...it is 100% the lack of communication, plus knowing the phone is ringing and you change your voicemail as your customers try and get in touch with you after not having the option to call Tues-Thurs, then, not returning emails or messages...or how about not letting someone know their order is a partial. Or send the WRONG fish. how about you mind yours until you know the whole story...as for mikes side...maybe if he'd have better communication, i could be less likely to go off on a board. DO NOT USE THIS PERSON
i should mind my own business? lol! ur posting for the whole world to see and i have orders in with him so its definitely my business… if u dont want people in ur business maybe dont post ur business on an online forum???

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres a reason ur original post isnt up anymore lol

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i should mind my own business? lol! ur posting for the whole world to see and i have orders in with him so its definitely my business… if u dont want people in ur business maybe dont post ur business on an online forum???
I posted my business to help you with yours...im trying to be as transparent as possible with the situation i have found myself in with the verdor WE share.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100%, if i had an idea of what the heck was going, i would be less upset, here i am a week later, 2 dead fish, 2 missing fish and one wrong fish later and im still in the dark...Id cut my losses if i were you and cancel my order

If all of that is true, he will make good, I'm sure.

He routinely doesn't ship fish if they are not ready and will ship them later at his own expense... He will replace the dead fish and replace the missing fish I'm sure. Give the guy a chance to make it right before you rip his head off.

Think about what he's doing. He's buying fish and then having to treat them for weeks at a time... if anything goes wrong he has to start over.. it all takes time and losses will happen. give him a chance to fix it.

SunsetReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all of that is true, he will make good, I'm sure.

He routinely doesn't ship fish if they are not ready and will ship them later at his own expense... He will replace the dead fish and replace the missing fish I'm sure. Give the guy a chance to make it right before you rip his head off.

Think about what he's doing. He's buying fish and then having to treat them for weeks at a time... if anything goes wrong he has to start over.. it all takes time and losses will happen. give him a chance to fix it.
I'm not opposed at to canceling my dispute at all, however, I don't know what I dont know. I still don't have any meaningful communication about this debacle. I think a week is enough time to send a message...despite health issues, we all have smart phones and can send emails at literally any time. But hey, balls in his court now.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He routinely doesn't ship fish if they are not ready and will ship them later at his own expense
But if he were to simply contact the buyer and let them know what's going on, I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would be fine with waiting until the issues were cleared up so he can ship them all at once and not have to spend the extra money.

Instead, he ships them out without telling the customer that that some of the fish weren't shipped and giving them some kind of heads up as to when he hopes to have them out. Hell, even a note in the box that says 'sorry, your [fish] needs more time in QT, you can expect it in X weeks, if you have any questions...". Instead you've got an angry customer with an order that's missing fish and, IIRC, the entire charge still on their credit card and he won't answer the phone or reply to emails.
Then he'll tick and moan and act like he's the victim.

You allowed people to place an order, your website gives an idea as to when they'll be shipped, in some cases you've collected the money...you have to fulfill the orders or tell your customers what's going on.

Plus, as people start doing chargebacks he runs the risk of his processor dropping him, which means he won't be able to take credit cards any more.

Seriously...just reply to emails and answer your phone. That will turn these regularly occuring and long running threads into a few complaints here and there, on par with any other business.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back