New Xenia wilting

fragalicious

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Cleveland, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I bought a new Xenia on a live rock that looked great at the LFS yesterday. I have a tank that is about a year old with a number of other healthy corals and fish. While other new corals have not opened up in the first 24 - 48, this one just looks bad too me - not just closed. I did try to dip it and pull off some bubble algae since it was on a larger rock.

Should I wait and see or take any action is my question - naturally i want to DO something, but maybe I am just impatient with it getting acclimated.

IMG_9766.jpg IMG_9765.jpg IMG_9764.jpg
 
That doesn’t look right.
I thought I see Aptasia, which would sting it, maybe just the pic.
What nitrate and phosphate levels in your set up.
 
Nitrate is 15mg/l

My PH has always been a lower (7.6) and alkalinity ( 50 ) lower. I have been trying to slowly dose with alkalinity to raise both.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new