New YouTube & instagram channels - informational posts, pics, etc. join the nerdery

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all.

I’ve recently started doing some social media content on YouTube, instagram, and TikTok. While I feel I am horrible at social media, I am working on it.

I mostly created these channels to make instructional videos & content that I felt would have been helpful for me (there was a gap in information)when I started culturing phyto and copepods such as a visual guide to the different stages of phytoplankton growth.

This has also been giving me a place to share my reefing obsession & let others join in on the nerdery. I’m hopeful that the informational videos are at least helpful for someone and can help make a difference.

Other things on these include videos of my tank, coral photos, some instructional videos (hoping to do more) about copepods and phytoplankton, etc.

Please feel free to check out the pages/videos. Make sure to like/follow/subscribe if you find them helpful or are interested in anything I make in the future.

IG: https://instagram.com/reefer_dan?igshid=YTQwZjQ0NmI0OA==
YouTube:https://youtube.com/@Reefer_Dan?si=1MNySejm0bkxUQao

Thank you and happy reefing my friends!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is "Nerdery" a word? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Nerdiocrity, Nerdite, Nerdarium, Nerdiform, Nerderie, whatever the proper term is I support your aspirations to inform others about our hobby and the culture surrounding it.

angry 30 rock GIF
90S Nerd GIF by chuber channel
nerd GIF
:cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nerdiocrity, Nerdite, Nerdarium, Nerdiform, Nerderie, whatever the proper term is I support your aspirations to inform others about our hobby and the culture surrounding it.

angry 30 rock GIF
nerd GIF
Haha love the memes. Nerdery i don’t think is technically a real word, but I heard it in a movie once and it stuck.

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcome-5.gif

I'll definitely check out the channel and Instagram. You should also consider starting a Tank Thread so we can keep track of your build and watch it grow and change. You would also get a cool Tank Thread badge under your name.
Not a bad idea. I have contemplated doing it a few times, but I’ve been lazy. Maybe it’s time

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

angry 30 rock GIF
nerd GIF
It is now if it wasn’t lol !! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Subscribed! Just have fun and the rest will take care of itself. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Thank you. Absolutely agree with this. I’ll be honest, I’ve gotten pretty excited about some of the informational vids I’ve put out there… it’s similar to starting a reef—All the excitement, some challenges, and eventually it comes together and you want to share it with others. Makes me happy that it may help some others explore different aspects of the hobby and curiosities ( even non-hobbyists).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back