Newbie Again

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
My name is Greg and I’m new here and new again to reef keeping. I have had reef tanks for 12-15 years, but then a uninsured drunk driver drove through my house in January of 2013 and destroyed all my tanks. I’m finally getting things back together and would really like to go reef, but a lot has changed with reef keeping in the past 7 years, to the point that I feel like a newbie again and a bit overwhelmed. I would like to stay in the 75-90 gallon range and more soft corals. I have a empty 75 gallon stand and tank and was debating between fixing this one up, buying a used one, or buying one like a cade. My budget for tank, stand, fuge, lights, pump, is around 2,000. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Greg
In case you were curious

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
G

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy poop! That is crazy! Hope everyone was alright.

Glad to have you back in the hobby!
I have some permanent loss of feeling on the left side of my body, but besides that I’m moving and back to fishing again. I’m looking forward to getting back into reefs.

OP
OP
G

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back into the hobby! You’ve joined a great community with lots of friendly folks willing to help if needed.
Thank you. When I quit there was only one real reef forum with a lot of grumpy know it all’s. I went back there and they were still grumpy, then I stumbled on this forum. I watched it fir a bit and saw how friendly everyone was so I decided to join.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family

OP
OP
G

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I took the plunge and became a donor so I could access the stuff that’s for sale. I’m now trying to decide if it would be better to build off my 75g, or buy a cade. I have no idea what all I will need, I know pump, sump, light, over flow box, but If someone sees something in the classifieds that I could use could you please send me a pm? Or if you want to give me a parts list and what you recommend
Thanks in advance
Greg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back