Newbie alert!!

Kayalvarez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone im new to the group and new to reefing . Being in the hobby for years but only fresh water untill about 3 months ago , wife was “pressuring me to install a saltwater aquarium because she liked the sw fish better than fresh, i dont blame her lol. I was kinda scared because I thought it was much harder than fresh but honestly its the same principals, dedication, time, and patience. Started my 65 g tank with everything dry, i added dr tims bacteria, and bio spiral (instant ocean) small prawn and let it cycle for 1 whole month , then i started adding small fish , did loose a few due to water not being stable but finaly catch the trick and here i am , learning and dedicating time to the saltwater aquarium. Got to admit that up to this day im more exited than my wife lol

8F822AF2-0257-464C-BEEE-C128890AED71.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and to the R2R family. We’re glad you are here with us !!

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salt life!!! And congrats on having a wife who pressured you into getting a saltwater tank. Hopefully this means you won't be in the doghouse when she comes home up find new fish, corals, and new equipment for the tank.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 91 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back