Newbie from MN

Pennnteller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have had fish tanks since I was young. 45 now I recently stole a 160ga tank for $100. Even thought ive had tanks since I was young I have never had a saltwater tank but have always wanted one. So with that I think this 160 is a good way to start! I also have a 5ga with betas, a 40ga with 1 African Ciclid and a 60 with about 35 ciclids in it and a large plyco. My name is Phil. I live with my wife and we rent a couple rooms out. I have a large home so plenty of space. We also have 2 dogs and 3 Guinea Pigs. My main goal here is to learn how to take care of, set up and learn about the fish, live rock and corals I can put in a saltwater tank. Thanks for having me.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fam!!
Check out 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube by bulk reef supply. It’s sort of the Encyclopedia of reefing lol.. best tip for you to do now is get your rock, soaking in some heated saltwater to help speed up the cycle for when your ready for fish and coral.

mine sat in a brute garbage can with a small heater, a small pump to keep the water moving, and every couple days I would drop a couple fish food pellets to populate the beneficial bacteria in the rock work!

Woolvy034

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have had fish tanks since I was young. 45 now I recently stole a 160ga tank for $100. Even thought ive had tanks since I was young I have never had a saltwater tank but have always wanted one. So with that I think this 160 is a good way to start! I also have a 5ga with betas, a 40ga with 1 African Ciclid and a 60 with about 35 ciclids in it and a large plyco. My name is Phil. I live with my wife and we rent a couple rooms out. I have a large home so plenty of space. We also have 2 dogs and 3 Guinea Pigs. My main goal here is to learn how to take care of, set up and learn about the fish, live rock and corals I can put in a saltwater tank. Thanks for having me.
Welcome....newbie to r2r myself and have to say this has been an awesome experience! Everyone is great at sharing info, tips & tricks. Enjoy, I am!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back