Newbie from North Texas

StonePilot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
North Texas USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm Steve from the Dallas Texas area and I'm new to all of this.

I had a 50 gallon (freshwater) aquarium before a few years ago, but now that my kids are getting older we want to get something a bit bigger either for the holidays or maybe sometime next year, so I'm here to learn all about the hobby and get some ideas for what I should be looking for and what to avoid.

I'm gonna jump in and look around, great looking site! I love that it's family friendly.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R Steve! Please ask any questions you may have and post often! :)
 
Thanks, there's so much on this site to dig through, but it looks like it's laid out very well and I'll just read through the big topics first and maybe I might even learn something. ;-)
 
Hi there! Welcome to R2R! From Dallas, huh? I'm guessing you'll be attending next years MACNA?!
 
Welcome. I too am from the promised land! :)

More specifically Frisco/ little elm
 
Welcome! this place is definitely Family Friendly!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new