Newbie from Scotland

Hi guys, I thought id sign up and introduce myself. My name is Abz and I’m new to reefing. Well, I’ve not actually started yet.

I’ve got all the equipment and tank, but haven’t started it up yet.

I’ve came on here for some help. I know this question must have been asked a thousand times, but every time I search I get so many different answers it’s overwhelming. I have no idea how to start the tank. I’ve got some Carib sea life rock, but I was also going to get some live rock too and live sand if I need it.

Does anyone have a step by step guide I can follow to starting the cycle for the tank? I don’t know if the live rock is enough, or whether i should add in a piece of shrimp etc for the ammonia cycle. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!

Abz
welcome!

I need to visit for golf :)
 
IMG_4529.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Abz. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’
background.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new