46F2FFF0-6436-4954-AA1E-4283E04D8149.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

After a call where the wife says she wants to upgrade to a bigger freshwater tank and I (having no idea what saltwater entailed) respond, “Why don’t we do a saltwater tank?”, here I am :)

Now a month or so later we have a 37 gallon FOWLR with 2 Ocellaris Clowns that seem to be doing well.

I have learned a lot so far and look forward to doing a build thread on here.

I would like to add a Purple Firefish, a Coral Beauty, and a Royal Gramma.

Knowing that it’s a smaller tank, I would like to have some input on the following:

-Should I omit the Firefish or the Royal Gramma if having 2 Clowns and a Coral Beauty would be too much with both?

-My local LFS treats their tanks “mildly” I was told and it was recommended to get a fish that had been in 3-4 weeks. I don’t know if that would help if a tank mate was introduced with something or not but is it common for a LFS to act as a “QT” of sorts or I need to QT regardless without fail?

-Regarding QT, if I introduced a new fish with Ich or something else, since I have no corals or inverts (currently), can I treat in the DT? I thought I read some meds can stay in the rock?

Many thanks for any feedback on the above!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

Our hobby club was lucky enough to have R2R Jay's Hemdal speak on QT processes:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back