Newbie in this hobby, Luis (UK) Hello Everyone

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I'm Luis Guzman connecting from Brighton, UK
Completely new in this world, but looking forward to learning everything about this hobby and be able to setup succesfully my first saltwater aquarium.
Hopefully I can learn from all of you guys. I've been researching for month and watching all the videos in youtube literally xD, and checking the videos of BRS (Bulky Reef Supply) I found this forum and I thought it was the time to join this awesome community.
I would create a post to follow my journey with an IM Nuvo Fusion Nano 20, and hopefully get some good advice and help.

Thanks

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! It sounds like you have a great nano tank - we’re glad you’re here!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12C921A5-41D2-4B1C-8EEB-54D076B8D569.gif

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum everything you need can be found here. When I was setting my tank up last year. I would search on Google for what I wanted. But I would search it like, best skimmer for saltwater aquarium reef to reef and I would always include reef to reef on the search, so I can get the results from reef to reef and not the random best skimmer review some guy did so he can get paid from Amazon. Good luck fish and coral are the absolute best pets hands down. Sorry dog people fish and coral are just better.

WELCOME my UK Friend

OP
OP
Luis Guzman

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! It sounds like you have a great nano tank - we’re glad you’re here!
Thanks @Peace River, to be honest I'm just in love with this tank, and is the only one apart of the aesthetic that cover all my needs in term of Budget, sizes, "easy" for beginner bc of the built-in sump and range of gear you can put on, I just order it couple of days ago and soon would be at home to start this adventure.

OP
OP
Luis Guzman

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum everything you need can be found here. When I was setting my tank up last year. I would search on Google for what I wanted. But I would search it like, best skimmer for saltwater aquarium reef to reef and I would always include reef to reef on the search, so I can get the results from reef to reef and not the random best skimmer review some guy did so he can get paid from Amazon. Good luck fish and coral are the absolute best pets hands down. Sorry dog people fish and coral are just better.

WELCOME my UK Friend
@William Mumford I can't be more agree with yours words man, as I said since me and my gf started to thing about this idea I've been searching the whole internet and youtube trying to get some clear ideas about "how to start" , "what I need to buy" and 1000 more questions I have in my mind, and I have to said is very hard hahahahah, i guess as any hobby there are a lot of differents options or approach to differents topics that's why I decided to join the forum and have a closer relation with the veterans in this. I got a list of possible gear i would like to get but i'm completely open to change it, the only thing i know for sure is the tank( On the way). xD

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also dont panic when you start to get brown stuff on your rocks and sand bed every new tank gets it. Post a pic and your water conditions and the experts will help.That is when I found out reef to reef is truly the best forum there is for reefing. When you have a problem it gets solved.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back