Newbie Into

jetskiwilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Starting to get into Fall and colder weather here in CLT, NC. My house gets good wind so even in the summer we open windows for fresh air. But when temps drop below 50, its time to close the windows. I average 8.2 PH with the windows open...and 7.9 with the house closed up. I know this isn't mind blowing information, just curious who accepts these numbers and who will try chasing primo PH #'s?

My tank is on an outside wall, so I may run skimmer air line outside one day. But I also have low nitrates (1ish) so this month Im going to only run skimmer at night to see if I can bring nitrates up to 10-15.

Tank is a Reasea 130L. Currently at the 5 month mark, but its a restart/combination from a 10 gallon +2 year old tank, and 6 month old tank.

Last edited:

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I don't really chase ph at all, but I have to keep after alk/cal like most do, and dealing with high NO3 and PO4 is just par for the course for me as I like to feed heavily.

Pulling outside air into the skimmer is really good if you can do it without risking contamination (my neighbor is too close on that side of the house).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back