newbie needs some help

Exlipser

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Bulgaria
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

I am new here and I have some questions.

Sa my tank is around 50 l. and it is equipped with a RedStar 50 skimmer and RedSea 50 lights. It is 3 months old and I make a 20% water change every 2 weeks. I was wondering if everything seems ok to you? What to do next? Buy some tests and then corals? Any info is well appreciated.

unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg
 
good job, it looks very nice. Now is time to get test kits to test for ammonia/nintrite/nitrate, so that you can follow your tank cycle. Once the tank is cycled, then you add livestock
 
looks great ..

Pick up a few test kits .
stay away from API as you will learn fast .. they are known for false and inaccurate readings .

cycle and slowly add livestock .
 
good job, it looks very nice. Now is time to get test kits to test for ammonia/nintrite/nitrate, so that you can follow your tank cycle. Once the tank is cycled, then you add livestock
The tank is already cycled .
there is a clownfish swimming and it’s 3 months old .
 
I would suggest Salifert test kits for Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium, and Nitrates. Later you may want to upgrade to the Hanna test for Phosphates and Alkalinity. Next, I would start testing each week. Without corals, you shouldn't see much consumption with Alk, Cal, Mag. However, you will want to watch your Nitrates and Phosphates to ensure your means for nutrient exporting are working (water changes & skimmer). If the above parameters seem to be stable, I would add a couple of corals. Continue to test each week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new